MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

mysql proxy hanging
Posted by: vacutza putza
Date: March 10, 2010 07:18AM

Hi,

I have latest mysql proxy running on a 64bit CentOS. I am trying to use it as a load balancer for 2 backend mysql servers with master/master replication.

My problem is that when there are a lot of requests at the same time(500+) then the mysql proxy just hangs and it takes a while to respond to new requests.

I can see that it hangs when trying to telnet to it from the apache web server. It replies to the connection but takes a while to reply with the:
5.0.77-log>
YNYRrg.N,О©~NLs|9A|o9i*^]

stuff.

I increased its max open files limit to 4096 but that did not help at all. I also can't see any errors in the log of mysql proxy when using debug.

The command I use to start it is:
/usr/local/mysqlproxy/bin/mysql-proxy --proxy-backend-addresses=mysql1:3306 --proxy-backend-addresses=mysql2:3306 --keepalive --log-level=debug --log-file=/var/log/mysqlproxy_log --proxy-address=mysqlproxy:3306 --daemon --user=mysql --max-open-files=4096 --event-threads=20 --proxy-skip-profiling --proxy-fix-bug-25371

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql proxy hanging
March 10, 2010 07:18AM
May 19, 2010 12:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.