MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Mysql-proxy doesn't failover
Posted by: R G
Date: September 07, 2011 06:16PM

Hello All,

I am experiencing the following behavior and I was wondering if the community has tackled it before.

I have mysql-proxy (0.8.2) running on amazon linux (in ec2) connected to 2 mysql servers. THe client can connect to the proxy and load balancing works fine. My problem is this: I have a client that is connected (via the proxy) to a server. I then close the server and try to execute simple insert command. I was expecting the proxy to redirect the request to second server. However I am getting the this exception: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure.

The client in this case is a Java program using mysql-connector-java-5.1.17-bin.jar

Interestingly, when I run the same test through a Mysql command line, the proxy tells me the connection to server A is lost, it reconnects to server B and execute the insert command.

Any ideas how to solve this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Mysql-proxy doesn't failover
R G
September 07, 2011 06:16PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.