MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

On mysql-proxy handling of prepared statements
Posted by: Giuseppe Lavagetto
Date: April 15, 2009 07:47AM

Hi all,

I'm working on a deployment of mysql-proxy, and I'd like to add support for prepared statements to rw-splitting.lua.

First, I'd say that rw-splitting.lua needs to be refurbished to work smoothly with mysql-proxy 0.7, which I did. I've seen that a patch almost identical to mine has made it on launchpad thanks to Diego [1].

Then, what is not clear to me is how can I intercept a prepared statement. From what I understand of the documentation, to obtain debug data on incoming prepared statements it should suffice have:

function read_query( packet )
local is_debug = proxy.global.config.rwsplit.is_debug
local cmd = commands.parse(packet)
local c = proxy.connection.client
-- addition JO
if is_debug and
(cmd.type == proxy.COM_QUERY or
cmd.type == proxy.COM_STMNT_PREPARE)
then
print("["..os.date("%c", os.time()).."]" .. " query = " .. cmd.query .. "\n")
elseif cmd.type == proxy.COM_STMNT_EXECUTE then
print("["..os.date("%c", os.time()).."]" .. " statement_id = ".. cmd.stmt_handler_id .. "\n")
end
-- end JO
[rest of read_query is untouched - almost]

But if I use simple prepared statements from within php, nothing is printed to screen and the prepared statement fails to execute (which was expected BTW).

My question is: what should I change in my code?

How come that cmd.type == proxy.COM_STMNT_PREPARE and cmd.type == proxy.COM_STMNT_EXECUTE do not work?

Is it just something having to do with an error in the scripts, or it has to do with some inner defect of mysql-proxy?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
[1] see http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~diego-fmpwizard/mysql-proxy/bug-43424/revision/634

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
On mysql-proxy handling of prepared statements
April 15, 2009 07:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.