MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Re: mysql-proxy and users with no localhost permission
Posted by: Fernando Urzedo
Date: March 18, 2010 06:54AM

Hi,

I have just realized that my description of the issue was a bit complex and I may have to rewrite it... Please find it below.

I have a mysql-proxy running on the same server I run a MySQL 5.0.67. I noticed that, during every user authentication process via mysql-proxy, it receives the correct IP address from where the user is trying to login, but when the proxy passes it along to MySQL server itself, it changes the source connection IP to the same IP of the machine where it is running. This is bad because most of the privileges are granted to the users based on the source connection IP and, if we change it, we are messing with those privilege settings.

An example... I have root's privileges set only for localhost (and it works fine when I log into MySQL with no proxy), but when I connect via proxy, I can have root logging in from any host, since mysql-proxy changes the source connection IP to localhost before passing it along to the server.

Any help will be appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: mysql-proxy and users with no localhost permission
March 18, 2010 06:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.