MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Router writing to multiple servers..
Posted by: Steph V
Date: April 27, 2017 04:02AM

Hi There,

I'm a little new to Mysql so I'm not 100% sure whether I'm going at this in the correct way.

Ok , so I basically need to have a primary and secondary Mysql server where the secondary will only come into play when the primary is down.

My first thoughts were to use MySql replication to ensure that the servers are identical copies of each other but then I realized that my records won't be replicated back to the master when I write to the slave if the master goes down.

Is it possible to get mysql router to write to multiple servers ? It seems currently it's only writing to the first available server... If the first server goes down , it does connect to the secondary server but anything I write to either server doesn't seem to get replicated across.

So in short , is there a way of ensuring that both servers are in sync no matter which one I write to ? Almost like master to master replication ?

My config is rather basic.

[routing:read_write]
bind_address = 10.25.0.200
bind_port = 7002
destinations = localhost:3306,10.25.0.201:3306
mode = read-write

thanks in advance,
-steph

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Router writing to multiple servers..
April 27, 2017 04:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.