MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

Mysql Router and cached writes
Posted by: Daniel Denson
Date: November 12, 2017 11:52AM

I'm trying to cut through the documentation to figure out if writes can be cached, or rather latency from a remote write can be hidden.

I have realtime asterisk setup and it really doesn't work well if the database takes longer than say 50ms to reply to it's basic updates to call flow. I want to have the master database remote with a local slave. asterisk would read from the slave and write to remote master.

Can Mysql Router reply to asterisk immediately that it got the write and let asterisk move on? As in, will it act more like a mysql agent rather than a traditional proxy.

Alternatively, is there another method to handle this that doesn't require a local master? I could possibly do a master<>master w/ multi-source to produce a star topology replication (there are more than 2 sites) but that is very complex and could cause the entire system to go down from a replication error. A Master<>Slave topology works much much better if I could just solve the remote write latency.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Mysql Router and cached writes
November 12, 2017 11:52AM
November 12, 2017 11:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.