MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Router & Proxy

MySQL Router - Cannot write to R/O Servers
Posted by: Thomas Dun
Date: January 21, 2019 06:32AM

Hi,

I am having trouble with mysql router, its quite possibly me being stupid though!

I have configured MySQL 8 on three servers, and installed Mysql router too.

I need to be able to connect to each server and make writes, but when connecting through the port 6446 on the R/O boxes, using "mysql -h localhost -P 6446" i can connect fine, but get

"ERROR 1290 (HY000): The MySQL server is running with the --super-read-only option so it cannot execute this statement"

It seems like its not communication properly and redirecting the writes to the correct place. Sure enough if I fail the box over, the one that was R/O can now write if its been made the R/W.

Just to confuse the issue, I can connect using mysqlsh on any of the boxes and make changes and it knows which box is the write.

But this doesn't help me as I need three webservers running different front end applications all being able to write to the relevant user@localhost

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks very much

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Router - Cannot write to R/O Servers
January 21, 2019 06:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.