MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL & Kubernetes

Unknown MySQL Server Host 'è'
Posted by: Jyonas Rice
Date: July 01, 2007 09:10PM

I recently installed request-tracker on a LAMP server for fun (Ubuntu server 7.04). Everything worked great. Next I set up a virtual network with VMware such that request tracker and the MySQL database are now located different virtual machines (i.e. the request tracker virtual machine is now a MySQL client). Things are not so great now--I get a 500 error with the following details:

DBI connect('dbname=rtdb;host=ˬ','rt-client',...) failed:
Unknown MySQL server host 'è' (1) at
/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 106
[Mon Jul 02 11:30:56 2007] [error] [client 172.31.254.57]
Connect Failed Unknown MySQL server host '\xc3\x80\xc2\xa8\x07\x01'
(1)\n at /usr/share/request-tracker3.6/lib/RT.pm line 176\n

I think that the problem could be related to 2 possible things: (1) I may have set up the MySQL client wrong because I am used to typically setting up MySQL in the stand-alone LAMP configuration (i.e. with everything installed on a single machine). However I am able to run mysql queries on the client machine from the command line so that probably is not the whole problem. (2) I think there may be some unicode conversion craziness going on (the default language for this machine is non-english, specifically Japanese). If this is the case, well, I'm not sure where I should be looking as far as configuration files to change things.

Anyhow, I'm really stuck. Any help anybody could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unknown MySQL Server Host 'è'
July 01, 2007 09:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.