MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL & Kubernetes

Creating initial user via helm chart mysql-operator/mysql-innodbcluster
Posted by: Steve Folly
Date: September 22, 2022 12:57PM

So, currently, I'm deploying my own hand crafted Kubernetes deployment (yes, I know, should have been a stateful set!) for MySQL (8.0) and I've been using environment vars MYSQL_USER, MYSQL_PASSWORD and MYSQL_DATABASE to create the initial user (this is for a Rails app).

Now I'm thinking of migrating to the Kubernetes MySQL Operator and deploying a MySQL InnoDB Cluster using Helm. How do I inject these environment variables and create the initial user?

helm show values mysql-operator/mysql-innodbcluster doesn't show any suitable values. I see values for the root user, just not the initial non-root user.

(Actually, if I can sneak in another question, I also need to inject some scripts into /docker-entrypoint-initdb.d which I'm currently doing with a mounted configmap, but again, can't see how to do this with the InnoDB Cluster helm chart.)

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Creating initial user via helm chart mysql-operator/mysql-innodbcluster
September 22, 2022 12:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.