MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL & Kubernetes

MYSQL on RDS using Docker
Posted by: Rich Bernstein
Date: October 30, 2021 04:42AM

I am using MYSQL RDS and I use Docker. I don't seem to have a separate mysql container although I successfully use mysql from my wordpress, fusionauth and php-fpm containers. That said, I need to create a stored procedure due to a speed problem with a complex bit of php/sql code. BTW I am using Ubuntu. I am using mysql 8.0 on RDS.

To this end I loaded up VisualStudio for Mysql so I have access to a mysql debugger. All is OK and I can attach to the RDS server. The problem is that to EXECUTE, ALTER, UPDATE my stored procedure I must have SUPER priviliges. When I try to debug my stored procedure, VisualStudio complains about my lack of SUPER privilige on RDS.

I can't seem to set my priviliges through mysqlqworkbench and I don't have a cli to get into the RDS. If I did I would user GRANT ALL PRIVILIGES ON *.* ...

How do I set the priviliges on my RDS mysql so I can develop and debug a stored procedure?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MYSQL on RDS using Docker
October 30, 2021 04:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.