MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  memcached

Re: memcached plugin installation on MySQL-5.6.11 under FreeBSD-9.1
Posted by: Alex Gut
Date: May 30, 2013 07:14PM

I'm writing this post in case someone like me faces the same issue in future and googles this thread.

Finally I was able to build the MySQL-5.6.11 with daemon_memcached plugin support under Gentoo Linux. Although this manual page: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-memcached-setup.html states "When building the MySQL Server from source, once libevent is installed, build the MySQL server as usual. No special build steps are required" it's not that simple. The -DWITH_INNODB_MEMCACHED=ON should be passed to cmake for plugin to be built, this option will override the IF(UNIX) OPTION(WITH_INNODB_MEMCACHED "" OFF) statement in mysql-5.6.11/CMakeLists.txt file.

So in a nutshell installations steps are the following:
1) Install libevent.
2) Build and install MySQL:

shell> groupadd mysql
shell> useradd -r -g mysql mysql
shell> tar zxvf mysql-VERSION.tar.gz
shell> cd mysql-VERSION
shell> cmake . -DWITH_INNODB_MEMCACHED=ON
shell> make
shell> make install

3) Copy mysql-5.6.11/plugin/innodb_memcached/innodb_memcache/innodb_engine.so and mysql-5.6.11/plugin/innodb_memcached/daemon_memcached/libmemcached.so into /usr/local/mysql/lib/plugin/

4) Start mysql and execute the configuration script: mysql> /usr/local/mysql/share/innodb_memcached_config.sql

5) Install the daemon_memcached plugin: mysql> install plugin daemon_memcached soname "libmemcached.so";

I hope this will be helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: memcached plugin installation on MySQL-5.6.11 under FreeBSD-9.1
May 30, 2013 07:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.