MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

First impressions
Posted by: Yuri
Date: December 27, 2007 06:14AM

Hello.

First of all I would like to say thanks to Workbench development team, I've been keeping an eye on the progress of this tool ever since it has been announced.

I understand it's just a beta, so naturally there are many bugs and many features missing. Nevertheless I use Workbench in test environment and so far it works well despite some annoying quirks (problems with refreshing, seems like for some things you have to click around on other elements for changes made in previous elements to be updated). Pretty sure they will be fixed eventually.

I would suggest to add more customization as regards control of elements. For example customizable hotkeys, menus and things like that. Color picker is a must. Thumbnail image for diagrams in Model view would be of great help too along with descriptions for them. Find & Replace tool with regular expression support would be very nice too (SE feature?). Perhaps I missed how to do it but seems like you have to recreate layers every time you want to attach element to it that has been outside. Had some other suggestions and ideas but seems like forgot about them, so I'll make another post later with more things I came up with.

Looking forward to see new versions and thinking of buying SE version (though I would first like to take a tryout to see how well SE features perform in real environment). Anyhow, great job on the much needed tool, keep it up!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
First impressions
December 27, 2007 06:14AM
January 02, 2008 01:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.