MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Print ERD with auto-scaling tables - where is it gone?
Posted by: Martin Schmitz
Date: November 22, 2007 10:16AM

Dear People,

in the alpha version of the workbench I was able to use a workflow with unlimited size. I just put my tables on it and the used the print to function to exactly define how many vertical/horizontal pages I want and the objects where auto-scaled up or down as needed. Awesome, no other DB-design tool had this function.

Now with the new beta version this is gone.

I can only setup my page size using -> File -> Page Setup -> A4...
Then the workflow (area where I paint ERD-diagram) is as big as a A4 page.
I cant' scroll further or anything like that.

All my tables are not in the middle of that thing and I don't have enough place for everything. They are laying over each other. (20 tables isn't that much)

How do I smash all tables into that workflow and scale it for e.g. a 4-6 pages print-out and how do I move the scrollbars/make the workflow bigger for more place?

Was this functionality dropped or do I don't understand the new user-interface principle ?

Also please readd the possibility to zoom in and out using the STRG+mouse wheel. (it works only when i click into the navigator window, but not in the workflow) This now scrolls left and right (like the cursor keys)...

Thank you very much,
this can be one of the best db design tools ever.
I still prefer it over DBDesigner 4 (cause ERD design & printing functions are unique in workbench) but I am not able to use beta in any way when these things are not working as they should, in the alpha I was possible to print and scale my ERD but beta is making a lot of troubles.

Regards,

Martin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Print ERD with auto-scaling tables - where is it gone?
November 22, 2007 10:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.