MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

retaining object info while exporting to sql script
Posted by: indi gene
Date: April 29, 2008 10:04AM

How does one get information about objects, specially layers, when exporting to SQL scripts?

When you try to re-import the exported sql file, all the layer information is gone because it was never exported in the first place.

Let me explain why I want this: I have a db schema with about 120 tables and almost 1000 columns. The entire first round planning of this schema had to be done on an excel because a lot of preliminary work was done on excel. Then one spreadsheet which contained all table and column properties was converted into a txt which read like an sql script. This script was then imported into Work Bench. Of course, the auto placement was horrible and I had to replace every table and add many layers.

I was hoping this back and forth between excel and WB could continue a little more till I can finally do all schema planning on WB and then finally create the DB.

Can anyone suggest even a workaround?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
retaining object info while exporting to sql script
April 29, 2008 10:04AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.