MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Defined SQL Scripts not forward engineered
Posted by: Radboud Platvoet
Date: June 09, 2008 07:49AM

Hi there,

I am fairly new to MySQL and MySQL WorkBench although I have plenty experience in database modeling and development. Mostly on SQL Server though. (Please don't hold that against me. ;-) )

So I created this model with quite a bit of tables and started to generate my insert statements for the lookup tables. (Tables that have a static set of rows and data.) At one point I added a column to one of these tables and boom! Al 102 manually added inserts are gone! Damn. So I decided to use the SQL Scripts that you are allowed to define to handle my inserts. Okay, not the fansy editor grid to enter the data into, but I can do that with a standard text editor just as fast.

Here comes the question:
I forward engineered my model to the database, but the scripts were not executed! How can I easily add my scripts to the forward engineering process?? I don't see any place where I can select to include my scripts in forward engineering batch like you can do with the tables and the triggers on the first window of the forward engineering wizard.

Regards,
Radboud

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Defined SQL Scripts not forward engineered
June 09, 2008 07:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.