MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Problem with constraints on model imported from DBDesigner
Posted by: Simon Hodgson
Date: July 30, 2008 09:36AM

Hi All,

I've got a model that's been maintained for nearly 5 years now in DBDesigner. I've decided it's time we took the plunge and moved over to MySQL Workbench.

I've imported the DBDesigner model and fixed many problems, mostly related to standard inserts and default values.

However I'm having problems with the constraints in the forward engineered create script. In DBDesigner you could assign a 'Relation Name' to a link between two tables, this was displayed on the diagram but didn't appear to be used by DBDesigner.

The problem appears to be that DBDesigner uses these 'Relation Names' in the create script to give each constraint a name. However in my original DBDesigner model the names used were not unique, however in MySQL they must be unique, so my Forward Engineered CREATE script won't run.

The 'Relation Name' appears to have been mapped to the caption and name properties of the contraint in MySQL Workbench. I've tried renaming these but the contraint is still created with the name from the original DBDesigner model.

It looks like this is a bug - should I file a bug report, has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

Simon

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problem with constraints on model imported from DBDesigner
July 30, 2008 09:36AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.