MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Server Administration - server stopped
Posted by: Vaughan Wickham
Date: March 29, 2017 10:24PM

Hello,

I'm a newbie and I need to administer a Workbench installation running 5.2.14 Revision 4990 on Windows. I did not setup this installation.

I'm migrating some of the databases to a new server running the current version of MYSQL Workbench

My question relates to the source server. I have determined that there are some user accounts defined other than root which I need to setup on the destination server so that PHP scripts continue to operate.

I can connect to the source server using the SQL Editor, but when I try to use Server Administration no connection / database server instance was defined. So that suggests to me that there is a way of managing the user accounts other than via Server Admin. I'd appreciate some advice on how to go about this.

Alternatively I have tried to create a server instance myself
root@127.0.0.1:3306
root
{password}
Default Schema - not sure about this (used the database that I'm migrating) - perhaps this is why it isn't working
But Test connection - says that parameters are correct

But when I use the connection, it says that the Server is stopped. And I can't start the server. No errors reported.

The database is actually responding to queries, so it's only the Server Admin component that appears to be stopped.

Appreciate suggestions on how to proceed

Thank you

VW

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Server Administration - server stopped
March 29, 2017 10:24PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.