MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

DB2 to MySql migration support
Posted by: Rumik Jain
Date: May 18, 2017 09:14AM

Does MySql workbench support the DB2 to MySql migration ?

Steps I followed :
1. Installed DB2 ODBC driver and and defined the conection parameters for my DB2 database in 'Source Selection'.
I am using Database System as "Generic RDBMS" and Connection Method as "ODBC Data Source" and DSN with DB2 ODBC driver.
2. Defined the MySql database details in 'Target Selection'
3. When I do next and it goes to 'Fetch Schema List', I get error as below. Although my source and target database connection successful.

Starting...
Connect to source DBMS...
- Connecting to source...
Connection to apparently lost, reconnecting...
Connecting to ...
Opening ODBC connection to DSN=EESBPTS...
Connected
Connect to source DBMS done
Check target DBMS connection...
- Connecting to target...
Check target DBMS connection done
Retrieve schema list from source....
- Checking connection...
Connection to apparently lost, reconnecting...
Connecting to ...
Opening ODBC connection to DSN=EESBPTS...
Connected
- Fetching catalog names...
- Fetching schema names...
- Fetching schema names from None...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.2 CE\workbench\wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 192, in thread_work
self.func()
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.2 CE\modules\migration_source_selection.py", line 456, in task_fetch_schemata
self.main.plan.migrationSource.doFetchSchemaNames(only_these_catalogs)
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.2 CE\modules\migration.py", line 255, in doFetchSchemaNames
self.state.sourceSchemataNames.append("%s.%s" % (self._db_module.quoteIdentifier(catalog), self._db_module.quoteIdentifier(schema)))
TypeError: DbGenericRE.quoteIdentifier(): argument 1 must be a string but is None
ERROR: Retrieve schema list from source: DbGenericRE.quoteIdentifier(): argument 1 must be a string but is None
Failed

Please help me to proceed further.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
DB2 to MySql migration support
May 18, 2017 09:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.