MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MS SQL to MySQL and the Workbench - Several Issues
Posted by: Zachary NOT_FOUND
Date: June 12, 2017 02:46PM

I'd like to migrate some MSSQL data to MySQL and tried a few tools (SQLyog, etc) and most say that the MySQL Workbench should work.

Well I first had MariaDB setup on an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS box and found that the workbench is just not happy with it. So removed all that and did a stock installation of MySQL from the Ubuntu repos.

I'm still having an issue. I'm not against paying for the workbench, if it makes a difference, but would like to see if it meets my needs before I do so.

I CAN connect and issue queries on my box as a standard user locally using: mysql -u root -p

I CAN also connect via SSH tunnel to this box from SQLyog remotely on same LAN. So everything should be setup correctly permission-wise.

I CAN connect to the database using the workbench on the same LAN, but I cannot do a migration using the migration wizard.

Can someone give me some guidance. I think the migration wizard is lying about the connection attempt.

Thanks.

Some logs from the migration attempt.....

Starting...
Connect to source DBMS...
- Connecting to source...
Connect to source DBMS done
Check target DBMS connection...
- Connecting to target...
Connecting to Mysql@localhost:3306@192.168.0.194:22...
Thread started

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.3 CE\workbench\wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 66, in run
self.func()
File "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 6.3 CE\modules\migration_source_selection.py", line 481, in task_test_target
raise e
DBLoginError: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR: Error during Check target DBMS connection: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR: Exception in task 'Check target DBMS connection': DBLoginError("Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)",)

Failed

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MS SQL to MySQL and the Workbench - Several Issues
June 12, 2017 02:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.