MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
Posted by: Sergio Lencinas
Date: September 11, 2017 03:44AM

Hi Team,
This is for OSX mySQL Workbench 6.3.9
I am trying to import a CSV File to a defined table with the import wizard and get this unicode error:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)

The file was created with OpenOffice and coded in UTF-8. The import settings have been setup to UTF-8 as well, so I guess the file should have only decodable characters.

However I still geht this import error. Any idea how to fix it ?

thanks

Sergio

Here the complete error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/Resources/libraries/workbench/wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 192, in thread_work
self.func()
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/Resources/plugins/sqlide_power_import_wizard.py", line 125, in start_import
retval = self.module.start(self.stop)
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/Resources/plugins/sqlide_power_import_export_be.py", line 271, in start
ret = self.start_import()
File "/Applications/MySQLWorkbench.app/Contents/Resources/plugins/sqlide_power_import_export_be.py", line 420, in start_import
query = """PREPARE stmt FROM 'INSERT INTO %s (%s) VALUES(%s)'""" % (self._table_w_prefix, ",".join(["`%s`" % col for col in dest_col_order]), ",".join(["?" for i in dest_col_order]))
ERROR: Import data file: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
Failed

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
September 11, 2017 03:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.