MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Workbench 6.3 cannot connect with local MS Access Database
Posted by: Ben Kaye
Date: November 10, 2017 04:35PM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask a very very simple question.

I'm running Windows 10 with Office 2010 (32 Bit) and have Workbench 6.3 (64 Bit).

I'm just trying to connect with a local MS Access Database (with a view to using the Migration Wizard) but am having huge problems just connecting with the locally-stored Access Database.

So far I have tried:
1. Database/Connect to Database. This only allows previously stored connections for some reason so the next step was...
2. Database / Manage Connections
a. Create connection name
b. Put in Computer Name as HostName as I do not have a static IP Address.
c. Leave default port as 3306 as I have no idea what this is unless connecting with a Server.
d. Set Username to nothing (empty string) as the database has no password (also tried with my Windows logon name)
e. At this point it does not prompt me to enter the Database name / location I want to connect with... so no surprise when I click "Test Connection" that it says "Failed to connect"
f. I have looked through the MySQL Workbench documentation and can find absolutely nothing about connecting to a local Access Database. Any help most gratefully received...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Workbench 6.3 cannot connect with local MS Access Database
November 10, 2017 04:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.