MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

6.2.10 crashing after every SQL request
Posted by: Michael Kauer
Date: December 22, 2017 08:25AM

Working with Workbench for years having no trouble. Find it useful and professional tool. But since 3 weeks it it horrible: only delays, crashes, display errors and so on.

I did not do any updates for months and has been working daily. That was with version 6.0.2, but I am not sure anymore. There have been too many updates now.

Then I tried to import a textfile, which did not work, because WorkBench puts all together in one column and I did not find any option for the importfilter. After a search in the web I heard from import-assistant, which I never have seen in WB before. It was not in the Menu. There was only "Import" and "Export", but not the desired assistant. Then I thought it would be time to do a upgrade.

Since then I have installed more than 10 new Versions in the last weeks and no one works stable.
The first was crashing after any 3 clicks, no matter what I did.
The second slowed down the hole computer and crashes, when Firefox was open simultaneously. Some memory bug?
The third did not show a result table.
and so on...
Most versions crash suddenly.
There were many versions and many bugs, so I endet up with 6.2.10.
This one now crashes after I do an update SQL request.
And it has the bug, that the result grid cuts off the lower part of the font for that I cannot differ between "g" and "q" in example.
Tried to select a different font-size, but the error stays.
I can live with that, but I need a version that let's me do my work!!!
Please help me. It is important to my.

...and still there ist not any "import-assistant" at all.

I use Win10 (ver. 1709), 16 GB RAM, AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, lot of drives and NAS.
I work with any browser for web design purposes.
Adobe creative Suite CS5.5
Connect to MySQL-Server via SSH-Tunnel over vodafone 400 Mbit cable.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
6.2.10 crashing after every SQL request
December 22, 2017 08:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.