MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Import create ./ update tables using an ODBC Connection?
Posted by: David Roth
Date: March 07, 2018 01:07PM

Hi:

I'm new to MySQL, I've used workbench for a few years to do basic stuff but I've never created and maintained my own DB's usiny MySQL, its always been MSSQL.

I have an old IBM server that is end of life and I have ODBC Connections to it at the system level (win10)

Using excel I can readily refresh data in sheets manually.

I want to use MySQL to connect to the IBM sql db's and pull these same couple tables into a new schema I've created. Then I would like to schedule an update/insert) type procedure that would update the data once daily.

Using workbench, I can't locate any method to import data using an ODBC connection.

Could an experience MySQL outline the process. Details not important, I'm happy to research and learn the actual process.

I seeking to understand the process of defining / accessing the ODBC connection, setting up an update job to run daily that runs SQL statements.

Thanks,
David

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Import create ./ update tables using an ODBC Connection?
March 07, 2018 01:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.