MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Persisting ODBC Driver Error
Posted by: Ian Richardson
Date: June 23, 2018 03:52PM

Greetings.

Context:MySQL Community Server - GPL V.8.0.11, Windows 10, 64 bit OS.
ODBC Drivers currently installed: MySQL ODBC 3.51 & 5.1.

I have downloaded Connector 8.0.11 but, despite all efforts including the 32bit/64bit paradox, it does not appear in my list of drivers (3.51 & 5.1 do).
All attempted connections are local.

I am seeking to create an ODBC connection between my ALTOVA Mobile Together Designer page source (data access) function and my locally installed MySQL database. Both the ALTOVA application and the MySQL databases operate correctly.

THE PROBLEM: When I use the standard ODBC connection wizard and complete the required data entries (source name, location, username/password etc.) I receive the following error message (quoted here in full):

"Connection failed: [HY000] [MySQL] [ODBC Driver3.51] Authentication plugin 'caching_sha_password' cannot be loaded: The specified module could not be found."

Having researched the problem online extensively, I can see that it is a very old problem commented on many times by authoritative people. However, none of the fixes proposed work in my case and I am loathe to fool around with system config parameters and SSL. Whatever security/password configuration item I change in MySQL (such as changing the applicable user password type to SHA-256 or 'Standard' for example) fail. I also do not have access to some files such as possibly related .ini files.

Surely there is a more accessible solution to this problem by now which can be addressed at the application layer as opposed to having to possess sysadmin skills to lift the hood and use a micrometer.

Assistance would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Persisting ODBC Driver Error
June 23, 2018 03:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.