MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Model Syncronization and Generated fields
Posted by: Allen Farenhem
Date: August 07, 2018 08:58AM

Hi,
I am experiencing an issue since upgrading workbench to version 8. When synchronizing a table that contains generated fields is always selected for syncronization, and thus recalculation. This table may contain many millions of records and thus the process takes an extremely long time, and lock the table in question too.
Right now I just ignore the table when doing a sync, however this is not a viable long term approach. In the prior version of the workbench this table was not selected for alteration.

the denerated alter statement is as follows:-
ALTER TABLE `db6`.`address`
CHANGE COLUMN `Valid8` `Valid8` TINYINT(1) GENERATED ALWAYS AS (case when ValidState in(8,9) then 1 else 0 END) STORED ,
CHANGE COLUMN `Valid3` `Valid3` TINYINT(1) GENERATED ALWAYS AS (case when ValidState = 3 then 1 else 0 END) STORED ,
CHANGE COLUMN `Valid_tFail` `Valid_tFail` TINYINT(1) GENERATED ALWAYS AS (case when ValidState in(0,4,5) then 1 else 0 END) STORED ,
CHANGE COLUMN `Valid_nVer` `Valid_nVer` TINYINT(1) GENERATED ALWAYS AS (case when ValidState in(6,7) then 1 else 0 END) STORED ,
CHANGE COLUMN `Valid_UT` `Valid_UT` TINYINT(1) GENERATED ALWAYS AS (case when ValidState = 99 then 1 else 0 END) STORED

I hope I am missing something relatively silly,
Thanks in advance for any guidance
-Allen

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Model Syncronization and Generated fields
August 07, 2018 08:58AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.