MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Truncated Comments in Database Synchronization MySQL Script
Posted by: Eric Villhauer
Date: December 31, 2018 06:37PM

I am attempting to synchronize an existing database schema from a schema model that I've updated using an EER diagram in MySQL Workbench. When workbench generates a MySQL script for the synchronization it truncates comments on added or changed columns in the ALTER TABLE statement, resulting in a syntax error (1064) when I execute the script. Examples of the truncated comments are shown below.

Is there a way to configure Workbench so that it will not truncate column comments when generating a MySQL script for pushing schema updates from a schema model to an existing database schema?

I'm using Workbench 8.0 CE with Windows 10, and this issue is persistent and repeatable when generating scripts for MySQL version 5.6.84, and 8.0.13.

CHANGE COLUMN `existing_column` `existing_column` INT(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT /* comment truncated */ /*PK for vendor has services table.*/ ,

ADD COLUMN `new_column` INT(11) NOT NULL COMMENT /* comment truncated */ /*States PK. Referenced from "states" table.*/ AFTER `zip_codes_zip_codes_id`,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Truncated Comments in Database Synchronization MySQL Script
December 31, 2018 06:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.