MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Can't edit table data without altering table first.
Posted by: William Wilmot
Date: June 27, 2019 11:11AM

I can't seem to find an answer to this. I see people asking why their table always shows up in read only mode. The answer usually is because the table doesn't have a primary key. It could also be functions too. But I have seen this behavior in at least two if not three versions of Workbench. I am currently using the latest version and the problem is still there. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Could be a newbie thing.

If I create a table with a primary key, then immediately go to edit it and enter data, there is no issue. But the next time I go to edit the table it opens up in read only mode. I can't enter in data.

If I select alter table, then do nothing, I can now open the table and edit it... until the next time. Then it opens in read only mode again.

It will stay that way until I select alter table and then open it again.

What am I missing? Is there a setting that would allow me to have this table editable all of the time instead of me having to select alter table before entering data each time? Makes development cumbersome. :) Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Can't edit table data without altering table first.
June 27, 2019 11:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.