MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL Workbench 8 hangs/freezes frequently
Posted by: Richard Lund
Date: January 21, 2019 05:37PM

Hi.

Workbench very frequently will hang or temporarily freeze on any kind of query, especially if I keep it open without using it for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes it will wait for 10 seconds before the query is executed, sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes it will hang so long that Windows will consider the program unresponsive. And sometimes it will work immediately.

Workbench itself tells me that the query execution time itself is either zero or less than 50ms.

I have had this issue with an older version of Workbench, so I updated it to the newest version (at this time 8), but it is still happening.

My server is Ubuntu 64bit running in VMware Workstation 14, and Workbench is running on Windows 8 64bit.

I couldn't find anything on the forum or anywhere else on this issue.

My computer should be more than enough to handle everything I am throwing at it, and at a previous job years ago I have had similar issues but was able to use a commercial MySQL program instead that the company provided.

Is there anything I can do to help with this?

Could it be a timeout or keep-alive issue of some kind that a setting might fix?

My Ubuntu server is running perfectly fine, and both PHP and MySQL return immediate response to a web browser.

I'd appreciate any input on this.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench 8 hangs/freezes frequently
January 21, 2019 05:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.