MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL Workbench - Access denied for user @ localhost
Posted by: Wade Henderson
Date: December 11, 2019 07:05PM

First time user...Really sorry for the novice question but I am stuck.

Just installed MySQL Workbench and have never used it before, followed instructions to the letter and I did have to try to install it several times as the install kept failing at the download section. I have pretty decent internet generally so I don't know why that was happening.

Once I did make it through the install and I tried to connect, this is this error I get:

Cannot Connect to Database Server
Your connection attempt failed for user 'root' to the MySQL server at 127.0.0.2:3306

Access denied for user 'root'@localhost' (using password:YES)

1. Check that MySQL is running on address 127.0.0.1
// How do I verify that? It is set to default and I did the default install without changing any of the settings.

2. Check that MySQL is reachable on port 3306
// How do I verify that? It is set to default and I did the default install without changing any of the settings.

3. Check the user root has the right to connect to 127.0.0.1 from your address
// It's my personal computer and I do have admin rights

4. Make sure you are both providing a password and using the correct password for 127.0.0.1 connecting from host address you're connecting from
// I have provided the password and it is accepted- how do I verify the rest?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.