MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Unable to add mysql database in workbench locally
Posted by: Abhijit Karkhanis
Date: November 17, 2022 02:22AM

I have workbench install on system and I want to add my MySQL database to the workbench, but it gives following error.

"Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet',system error:0"

I have tried it on remote system system and local system as well, in both the cases error is the same. I can access the mysql database without any issue from the terminal I can made the changes as well, as and when it is required but unable to figure out why it is not getting configured on MySQL Workbench.

I have tried following steps: -

Step1: - Check OS Firewall configuration on both the end (remote and local system) and necessary rule on local system as remote system (DB Server) already allowed required port in OS Firewall.

Step2: - Try to configure using both connection method i.e Standard TCP/IP and Standard TCP/IP over ssh both giving the same error.

Step3: - Try to configure locally but threw same error.

Step4: - As I knew that DB system is based on ubuntu where by default root ssh is not enable I made the changes and enable root ssh to the server and then try after I notice that sudo user is not able to connect to database using db user or even mysql root user, so made above mentioned changes and then try to configure the database, but issue is still the same.

As I have mention earlier, I can connect to MySQL database using terminal and made changes that I required but it is not happening on mysql workbench.

Any expert inputs in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Unable to add mysql database in workbench locally
November 17, 2022 02:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.