MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: visualize SQL join statement
Posted by: Dennis Becker
Date: April 10, 2008 11:45AM

I only know the implementation of "MS Access" - I usually use a small self-written script where I can write SQL-Statements in an textarea seperated with semicolons (this script ist faster than phpMyAdmin and is like a reimplementation of a tool of oracle in the past).

The "Visual Query Builder" would also help for creating views - the user should be able to choose if he wants to write the SQL by himself or let it create such a builder - but you should always be able to change the statement before you export it!

I would like to see also a connection to live database server or to an internal debug database where you can add testing data (or using your live data) so that you can directly see how the resultset looks like. This would also could speed up developing if application-developers have access to this .mwb file and get a better overview.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
March 14, 2008 10:23AM
Re: visualize SQL join statement
April 10, 2008 11:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.