MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Collecting ideas for Workbench 5.1 - SQL IDE
Posted by: Terrence Curran
Date: August 13, 2008 02:06PM

Great job on the project guys. Each version gets better and better. My wish list at this point contains a lot of trivial things and might fall into the category of polish, but I would love to see a little more polish before diving into other big features. (Another query browser is the last thing the MySQL community needs IMO).

Things I would love to see:

- Have the option of saving the file in straight XML instead of the zipped xml. I am often working on teams of 10+ people, and having the file zipped up makes it so we can't easily check in and merge changes with subversion.

- more paper sizes. I was able to easily able to add my default page size (ARCH-E) via the xml document in the data directory but it wasn't entirely easy for me to get everyone I am working with to make the change. More page sizes out of the box would be great.

- It is very difficult to layout a diagram and choose where the constraint lines go. I can sort of drag them when I have an "S" shaped line, but with "L" lines there isn't much I can do other than move the tables around and hope it falls into place.

- Support for other databases. We are doing a lot of migration from SQL Server, PostgreSql, or Oracle. If I could reverse engineer from those databases it would make migration to MySQL much easier.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Collecting ideas for Workbench 5.1 - SQL IDE
August 13, 2008 02:06PM
February 06, 2009 07:30AM
March 12, 2009 01:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.