MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Workbench 5.0.19 crashes on starup
Posted by: Steven Saunders
Date: April 16, 2008 12:56PM

I've just downloaded the latest MySQL Workbench release 5.0.19, and installed it on my laptop which is running Windows Vista SP1.

During the installation i chose the "complete" install option and left the default install path. When i started MySQL Workbench the splash screen would display for about 3-5 seconds and then i would get the "MySQL Workbench has stopped working" message pop up.

I've had a few other programs that have had issues installing to the Program Files folder on Vista so I un-installed it, rebooted, and then re-installed to C:\MySQL_Workbench_5019 this made no difference.

As a last resort, i right-clicked the MySQL Workbench executable i chose to run it as an administrator in Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatibility mode. This made no difference either.

Any ideas what's going on ?

Edit:
Just noticed the "-swrendering" command line switch so changed my shortcut to include it, but this also made no difference

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2008 01:01PM by Steven Saunders.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Workbench 5.0.19 crashes on starup
April 16, 2008 12:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.