MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Windows Vista Data Execution Prevention Error
Posted by: Steve Morton
Date: July 11, 2008 11:07PM

I just installed the latest version of Workbench 5.0 OSS on my Laptop running Windows Vista Premium with current updates. When I go to execute the Workbench I get the splash screen as if it is going to execute then after a couple of seconds Windows displays a message that Workbench has stopped working. The Debug screen indicates that it is a Data Execution Prevention issue. I follow the the directions given, but Windows will not allow me to remove the DEP on the Workbench .exe file. I have searched the Forums for this error but have found it. I was wondering if there is something that I have not done during the installation to solve the problem. I did go to the Program Files main workbench folder and set the permissions for current user to full. Still not luck. I used the msi file which includes the installer. I have also uninstalled and used the zip file with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Windows Vista Data Execution Prevention Error
July 11, 2008 11:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.