MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

InnoDB -> MyISAM
Posted by: Shiong Gau Chan
Date: August 06, 2008 12:02AM

Hi I am new to MySQL and Workbench. Please bear with me.

I am using Workbench 5.0.23 OSS to create my data model and did a "Forward Engineer SQL CREATE script". When I try to run the SQL script uding MySQL Query Browser, I get all sorts of errors, e.g. Use `dbname`; or some Syntax Errors on CONSTRAINS `field` FOREIGN KEY () REFERENCES... (in a CREATE statement)

I could be wrong but I think the error is because I am using MySQL 5.0 with MyISAM whereas Workbench is by default configured to InnoDB - so this brings me to 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to change table storage into MyISAM at one single go, rather than 1 table at a time?

2. I changed all the tables (one at a time) fron InnoDB to MyISAM. I regenerated to script but the error still occurs. Am I missing something? I still see the CONSTRAINS... FOREIGN KEY? Do I have to recreate the database and tables all over?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2008 01:29AM by Shiong Gau Chan.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
InnoDB -> MyISAM
August 06, 2008 12:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.