MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Export Data Model and Generate Non-MySQL Scripts
Posted by: Cornelius Sybrandy
Date: December 04, 2008 03:34PM

Hello,

I just had a thought that I'd like to run past you. Would it be possible to export the data model into a format that could be easily transformed into SQL Scripts? I'm asking because Workbench, from the little I've used it, appears to be a great modeling tool, especially with the multiple views. I'd like to be able to model databases for other RDBMSs, however I've yet to find a good OSS tool that will do that. I was hoping that by providing such an export, the community could create scripts to do the transformation to other systems.

Yes, I do understand that there will be issues with data types and other things. That is something I'm more than willing to deal with if I can use Workbench as my primary modeling tool.

I guess I should also ask if this is something that can be done via Lua scripting?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Export Data Model and Generate Non-MySQL Scripts
December 04, 2008 03:34PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.