MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Synch via command-line?
Posted by: Jake Chung
Date: March 31, 2009 07:28AM

Thanks Edwin for the response on the Newbie forum =).

I am using Workbench SE, but so far I have only been able to determine that I can use the Schema Synch feature via the GUI. Is there a way to use the Schema Synch feature via a command-line interface with Workbench? Or is there any other way I would be able to use the Schema Synch feature in Workbench with a batch file or VB script or any other script?

I'm looking for a synch feature that could be used in product upgrades where a command-line utility would be used to compare the latest schema SQL file with the database that is local to the machine that the upgrade is run on. It would then execute the appropriate ALTER TABLE commands to synch up the database with the latest schema SQL file. This upgrade be done via an installer, and so I would like to avoid requiring a user to interact with the GUI to upgrade his/her database.

Thanks for the help!
Jake

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Synch via command-line?
March 31, 2009 07:28AM
March 31, 2009 10:40PM
March 31, 2009 10:42PM
April 01, 2009 07:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.