MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Reverse Engineering with table relationships.
Posted by: Hannes Brink
Date: May 28, 2009 03:06AM

Hi,

I managed to install the MySQL Workbench on my MacBook running OS X 10.5.
The database is a MYSQL database that was created when i installed SugarCRM System, this builds relevant tables and relationships in order for the CRM system to work.

I figured out how to reverse engineer the sugar database but it only builds the tables, it doesn't put the relationships of the tables in.

That is, there are 192 tables with no relationships shown.

I downloaded this app so i didnt have to do all of this in smartDraw, table by table. Please can someone help me figure out how to include the table relationships when reverse engineering a database.

Many thanks

-Hannes

PS: I tried this while waiting for a reply... Built a two database tables and linked them to gether using a foreign key and primary keys.
The relationship was established and uploaded to the database using forward engineering. But then when i reverse engineer those same two tables the relationships are removed? can any one please comment or explain any ideas they might have to get around this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2009 05:52AM by Hannes Brink.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Reverse Engineering with table relationships.
May 28, 2009 03:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.