MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Foreign keys not generated correctly in version 5.1.17 ?
Posted by: José Marco
Date: September 04, 2009 02:23AM

I just started using MySQL WB 5.1.17 some time ago. Previously I had successfully developed a DB with version 5.1.16 (including foreign keys).

When I made some changes to that DB and forward engineered the SQL I found foreign keys were just not generated (indexes were generated instead). I checked that the selected DB engine was set to innoDB (although no changes from the previous DB design were made), also checked that the default engine was set to that and so.

I tried uninstalling ver. 5.1.17 and installing ver. 5.1.16 to find the generation was correct without any changes. Then, I uninstalled ver 5.1.16 and reinstalled ver. 5.1.27 to see that foreign keys were again not generated.

I also tried to create a really basic 2 tables with a FK referencing one table from the other in ver. 5.1.17 to find the same incorrect results...

Finally, I am working with ver. 5.1.16.

Anyone observed this problem?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Foreign keys not generated correctly in version 5.1.17 ?
September 04, 2009 02:23AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.