MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Lost Connection to MySQL
Posted by: West Dude
Date: February 25, 2010 11:37AM

Hi.

I'm testing the new mysql workbench 5.2-16 beta version and I'm having this issue with connection test failed. The error is "Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error:0

MySQL server is installed in a local LAN and its version is 5.1.44 Community Server running on centos 5.4 with no firewall and no linux SE.

First I thought this is a time out issue so I added the wait_timeout=28800 to the my.cnf, restart it and the problem is still the same.

My connection setting is "Standard TCP/IP over SSH" with SSH hostname "IP Address" and mysql hostname set to "localhost" and standard port 3306.

I tested with out client apps such as sqlyog and having the same problem except the error stated 2013 "Lost connection to MYSQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error:2

I'm sure this is mysql issue but I'm at lost at how to fix it. Anyone has this issue before and can suggest how to fix it? If the server is in the WAN, I can understand the possibility of the issue but this is on local LAN with AV disable on my desktop and no AV in the server. Thought?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Lost Connection to MySQL
February 25, 2010 11:37AM
February 25, 2010 11:51AM
March 02, 2010 01:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.