MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Another user permission issue
Posted by: prof essor
Date: July 29, 2014 03:20PM

Hi All,

i created a DB project with OOBase and connected to a MySQL back-end. I recall when I first started to use it, that I was able to login using same username and password both as a system 'user' and/or 'root-user' (and that's fine so far). Moreover, I was able to work (edit/modify) directly on tables only if I logged in as a sytem 'root-user'.

Now, after many data back ups, through export/import via MySQL WorkBench, it seems that I have lost that privilege; that is, I can modify tables also if I am logged in a system 'user'.

So, I have been playing around with MySQL WorkBench to add a new 'test' user and grant hem only the right to add data, through forms, without being able to work on tables directly (avoiding malicious hands altering the table definitions and messing everything up).

I managed to add a user, through MySQL WOrkbench.Edit Table Data, by editing the 'mysql schema' at user row, and granting SELECT. I tried it out and, it appears that the new 'test' user has access to everything, (no mattter what privileges I select/unselect to the specific user through the MySQL WorkBench>Manage Secutiry option.

I would like the 'test' user to be able to work with forms to add/view data, but not actually being able to edit tables and/or queries.

I would have loved to attach a cpl of screenshots of the relative windows but it seems that I cannot post atachmente in this forum.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

OOBase 4.1
MariaDB 5.5.37
MySQL Workbench GPL 5.2
on Slackware 14.1

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Another user permission issue
July 29, 2014 03:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.