MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Function for importing CSV files seems to be missing
Posted by: Rob Gordon
Date: December 22, 2014 11:47PM

I recently installed 5.2.36 CE Revision 8542 on a Windows machine. I wanted to import a CSV file into a new file and was hoping there were some utilities for that - I am new to the mySQL language. I couldn't find one so did an Internet search and found a tutorial. They showed an "import' button on the table data entry view and even showed how you could edit data before doing the import. Unfortunately, this function does not seem to be on my setup, though everything else they showed in that tutorial is there - including the "export" button.

Am I missing a plugin or something? - or is there an issue with this version I have? Could someone tell me the best way or place to get this functionality, or the best resource to follow to get files in manually (though I would rather have this built in). Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Function for importing CSV files seems to be missing
December 22, 2014 11:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.