MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Migration -- Copying Tables, packet size exceeded
Posted by: Philip Zubaly
Date: May 20, 2015 12:45PM

I have used the database migration wizard to create scripts and command files to migrate from SQL Server 2008 R2 to MySql 5.6.24. During the copying of data phase (wbcopytables.exe) I am getting "Found record bigger than max_allowed_packet" copying file binary data from a SQL Server VARBINARY(MAX) column to a MySql LONGBLOB column.

The largest file stored in the SQL Server table is less than 3MB. There are other columns in the table, but these are DATETIME columns and a couple of short text columns storing file metadata. The max_allowed_packet setting in the destination database started at 32M, and the innodb_log_file_size started at 100M. I have incrementally increased these settings to 256M and 512M respectively, but am still receiving the max_allowed_packet error. I have read that there is a max_allowed_packet for the client as well, but I'm not sure how to change this value since I am using the wbcopytables.exe to perform the migration as created by the migration wizard.

There are a number of separate instances of the database in question, so I need to come up with a reliable and repeatable way to handle this migration. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Migration -- Copying Tables, packet size exceeded
May 20, 2015 12:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.