MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: mysql workbench EER Diagram mode 'edit table' - columns empty
Posted by: Arthur Sera
Date: June 07, 2015 07:19AM

Sigh! Am I the only person to experience the broken mysql-workbench? The EER diagrams are fundamentally worthless without an effective link to the underlying table architectures. It is curious that most, but not all, of the edit tabs for a selected table dislay only blank frames with no other widgets.

The 'Table' tab displays all widgets and retains its field values (textfields and pull-down selections). Whereas the 'Columns' tab displays an unpopulated scrollable frame widget on the left, and a data free 'Column Details' frame on the right. The 'Indexes', 'Foreign Keys', 'Inserts' and 'Privileges' tabs are also blank non-functional wideget groups.

Surpisingly, 'Triggers', 'Partitioning' and 'Options' seem to display and function properly.

I have de-installed and re-installed multiple times and this version always mis-behaves in the same fashion. I have tried to install other versions, but they always have some conflict with the os release's shared libs this-and-that.
Building from source does not seem viable since the build scripts/Makefiles are not conducive with OpenSUSE.

Help!!!! This is a very nice tool but ....

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: mysql workbench EER Diagram mode 'edit table' - columns empty
June 07, 2015 07:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.