MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Issues with Workbench for Mac
Posted by: Molly Hone
Date: July 04, 2015 09:17AM

Hi,

I have Mac Yosemite 10.10 and have tried downloading different versions of Workbench 6. I can download the DMG file but then my Mac has trouble "mounting the disk image" and won't open the file. I think I'm also supposed to have the following software as well:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013

...but these aren't Mac compatible and I don't see any alternatives for Mac listed anywhere on this web site. Someone in another forum suggested looking at the Mac installation manual and there is nothing there about prerequisite software. I have downloaded DMG files before so I know how they're supposed to work--you just drag the image into the applications folder. Not getting that opportunity here.

I'm really not sure what the problem is here, as I'm not very computer literate (this is for a library & information science class), so any help would be greatly appreciated. I do have a slow internet connection right now, so that could be a factor--I have no idea.

Thank you.

-Molly

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Issues with Workbench for Mac
July 04, 2015 09:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.