MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: Building WB from source…connector/JSON issues?
Posted by: John Hawkinson
Date: October 26, 2015 01:44AM

Wow. Not possible to build from source. That is pretty grim :(

My goal was to try to explore and diagnose some bugs I was seeing in Workbench, so running the binary is not a solution -- I'm already doing that.

I guess I will back down to the previous release.

My understanding was that MySQL Workbench under the GPL, so the source was a required component. Is there some reason this is not a GPL violation?

While you can't publish a package of all the 3rd party libs, you can certainly publish a complete list of them. INSTALL tries, but it appears to be woefully out of date, with incorrect information about 32-bit/64-bit builds and various dependencies listed only under the Linux section that are necessary for OS X as well.

Also, you could publish dependencies/package lists for the various OS X package management 3rd party tools (homebrew, macports, etc.). That would make it a lot easier. Anyhow, when I get it building I'll be happy to contribute some patches toward that.

Thanks for the speedy response, though!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Building WB from source…connector/JSON issues?
October 26, 2015 01:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.