MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

MySQL Workbench upgrade process
Posted by: Keith Suddick
Date: February 29, 2016 09:17AM

Hello, I've had mySQL Workbench installed on one of my Windows Vista machines for some time now but I use it very infrequently. Today I had a slight problem (with a database not Workbench) so as I usually do I checked to see if there was an update available, there was, so I clicked to upgrade.

The upgrade process started, then failed saying the program couldn't be installed as it needed Windows 7 or better. Never mind I thought and went back to try and tackle my problem another way.

Except... MySQL Workbench no longer seems to be installed on my machine.

It hasn't really just offered me an upgrade that couldn't be completed, but removed the working version, failed to upgrade and left me with nothing has it? That would be shocking.

I don't actually know which version I had installed but even if I try to install an earlier version from scratch will I have to reconfigure everything again?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Workbench upgrade process
February 29, 2016 09:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.