MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Cannot Connect to Database Server
Posted by: Wolfgang Mayr
Date: September 01, 2016 04:19AM

Hi,

I have a strange problem. Everytime I try to login to a remote mysql server via an SSH tunnel, i get the following error message:

Your connection attempt failed for user 'some user' from your host to server at 127.0.0.1:3306: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (61)

The strange thing is, that I found a very obscure workaround after which the connection succeeds: I need to try "Test connection" from the "Edit Connection" dialog. After I enter the ssh password and the mysql password I will get (almost) the same error as above. When I now immediately try to login normally again, it works! I do not even have to enter the mysql credentials again. I never used any saved passwords or password tools.

This behavior is the same on two different macs, both with version 6.3.7. If I use a direct connection the problem does not exist, but for all my servers which I cannot access directly, I have this issue.

Any clues?

Regards,
Wolfgang

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
September 01, 2016 04:19AM
September 09, 2016 12:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.