MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

my entire MySQL database was wiped out?
Posted by: Bradley Rogers
Date: January 25, 2017 06:03PM

Installed MAMP for windows, to install wordpress. worked on this 2 weeks now and have a site ready for approval.

was trying to find out why localhost would not serve the site, well text only, the test pc would not see any image nor any .js files (when using F12)

I look at the mysql settings and noticed the collation looked wrong. it was supposed to be UTF8general I changed this. no warning, no save button, but now there is no database, everything is default. gone.

trying the website: error establishing database connection

Ive been using it 2 weeks. its setup, make changes all day. so either its wiped out, or just hidden.

I hope that this did not erase the database, but have tried a couple hours to no avail. If it did erase the entire database? this is very weak! would there be NOTHING to say stop, this action will completly delete all data in all tables and you will lose all data and this cannot be reversed.

no such message?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
my entire MySQL database was wiped out?
January 25, 2017 06:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.