MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Workbench

Re: my entire MySQL database was wiped out?
Posted by: Bradley Rogers
Date: January 26, 2017 02:10PM

I was looking at a admin page for the entire MySql, all I did was click on the dropdown list for collation and put it on the setting done before, and Ive done the setup almost 10 times altogether, I may have put the mouse over that field and it highlighted some other type that was totally different like UTF16-chinese or? but I expected a warning before any major change would harm the system

I set the UTF8 and save. this is the only change I did. I was in the process of moving settings to see why the localhost would not serve to other systems on the network. they only get text, no CSS, no js, no images. so I read somewhere to change the static page settings

looking for the word static, noticed the collation setting;

I also went into mysql and changed the caching, tried it got Database Error not found. ok put it back. same error.

went back in to mysql? no tables there, looks like it did when it was first installed before wordpress, all default.

Also, I was using MAMP-Pro (for windows), and yesterday it said trial expired, go buy the full version.

I was trying to use the regular MAMP. but had to close out the MAMP pro.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: my entire MySQL database was wiped out?
January 26, 2017 02:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.